Friday, December 23, 2011

A Whirlwind 2011! But It's Definitely Been Fun!



Well, where do I start. It's been a crazy year. So many ups and downs. But the one thing I can say is that at the end of the day, I'm just thankful to be blessed by my family and friends and the absolute greatest fans.

I feel like I haven't had a minute to just relax for such a long time between the show, events, the studio, and all the appearances. It's crazy. It's exciting. I wouldn't change it for the world. But it is exhausting.

So coming home to NY and now being on vacation finally, is letting me just get my mind cleared and finally get some rest. I'm admittedly getting older and hopefully wiser as the year has passed. And with wisdom comes understanding.

I've learned that you can only do what we (I mean all the pros, judges and Tom) do when you have a really solid foundation back home. We travel and work so much. We have to sometimes smile through tough times. We have to balance our entertaining world with the real world at home. We have to be so aware of our words. We have to remember that at all times we are entertainers. So you definitely need to come back to a home base where everything just is, normal.

So I really am thankful for coming home to normal life. Eating, talking, just being me, again. It's nice just to enjoy this moment.

Don't get me wrong. In my family, you never stop working. We are planning to do this Birthday Showcase. And I do have some travel coming up abroad right after I get back in the new year. But it is really nice to have these few days in my world with my family.

About the Birthday Showcase that I'm choreographing. I know it seems strange. My birthday is a show. Some fans don't get it.

But in my world, Ballroom Dancing is life. It is something my entire family is involved in. It is something my world revolved around but it always included those friends and family that I love. I danced. My brother danced. My parents were always part of it. My closest friends, who are today more than friends but family as well, have all been part of this ballroom dance world. It is just our everyday. It all we know.

So when I'm working on the show, it sometimes becomes just work. And I really just enjoy choreographing and expressing creativity through dance on my terms, sometimes, I guess. So to be able to put together a show and share my world of dance, that is the best birthday gift I could ask for.   

This year, I'm really excited because my studios and family have found a way to let me express myself through dance. And they still have found a way to let me bring both my worlds together.

My friends from Hollywood will see my world and where I come from. They will experience a show that they will enjoy and also get to meet my family and then celebrate my bday with me.

And the studios, my creative team, and family have also been doing some planning "behind my back" surprises for me and the fans.  I say that and smile because it is actually right under my nose and in corners, here and there when I'm around but too busy to know what they are up to.

So there will be parts of the show that  even I don't know about. I am personally looking forward to seeing what is in store. I trust them to make it fun for us both.

What I do know is Tony and Val have been contacting our La La land friends. So there are some surprises I can only speculate about. I have asked. And on this one, their lips are sealed. So if it isn't all great, you can blame them not me. LOL!   

I also know my family has been whipping out photo albums and videos in spades. I have no idea why anyone would want to even try to go through what they are for this. Because when I say my family has lots of videos. I'm talking about boxes of VHS tapes. BOXES!!! So I just wish them luck. And as I know what is in those boxes, we'll see how surprised I will be. But I think it's kind of cute that they are trying so hard for me.  And I appreciate them for it.  

So I hope to see some of my fans there. Because I'd be honored to start 2012 off with my family, my new and old friends, and with my amazing fans.

As for the rest, I just want to wish you all a very Happy Holiday and health, happiness, fortune for the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment